Tuesday, March 9, 2010

~* Fifty Famous Stories for Girls *~

With all the pendants I've made up so far in the shop, I thought I'd write and show the books they have come from.

Today is one of the first books I picked up, and helped form the idea to make the pendants.

"Fifty Famous Stories for Girls" selected and edited by Leonard Gribble.

Made and printed in Great Britain. First published in 1949, my book is the 'third impression' printed October 1953.

The pages are very yellowed around the edges giving the words a natural frame! The paper is in really good condition, but some pages are beginning to be a bit brittle around the edges.

There are (of course) fifty short stories from all different authors including Charlotte Bronte, Louisa M. Alcott, Edgar Allan Poe, Charles Dickens, William Makepeace Thackeray and Mark Twain.

The inscription reads "To ALL GIRLS who like a good story".

And what kind of girl doesn't, I say!

A look at another book on Thursday.

~*~

I'm currently working on the presentation of some mixed media work I've created, using my own photograph, drawing, acrylic paint, digital colouring and good old cut and paste.
Sneak peak tomorrow...

~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment